Skip to main content


Disability-related Concerns

Gannett Health Services
110 Ho Plaza
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-3101

Tel: 607 255-5155
Fax: 607 255-0269

We hope you will come to see Gannett as an important partner in your Cornell experience. We are committed to providing personal care to our patients and clients and working with your unique needs and strengths.

Our medical and counseling staff members are available to listen to your concerns, assess your needs, provide services, and make referrals for specialty care. Our facilities in Gannett Health Services and our physical and massage therapy departments in Schoellkopf Hall are accessible, and we will do all that we can to facilitate your access to care.

We are fortunate to work closely with the staff at Student Disability Services, who are an excellent resource for students with disabilities and all members of the campus community.

Parking and transportation

Gannett has two accessible Parkmobile parking spaces for patients and clients beneath the building underpass (see diagram here). Cornell Physical Therapy and Cornell Massage Therapy, located in a facility on the back side of Schoellkopf Hall, have metered parking right next to the entrance. 

If you need to make arrangements for accessible parking or transportation on campus or in the local area, review this information from Commuter and Parking Services:

Both TCAT (the Ithaca-area bus service) and the local taxi dispatch (277-7777) have wheelchair accessible vehicles.

Access inside Gannett

Our accessible entrance is beneath our building underpass off of Campus Road (see diagram here). An elevator connects patients to each floor, and all medical floors have an accessible bathroom. The entrance to Cornell Physical Therapy and Cornell Massage Therapy, on the backside of Schoellkopf Hall, also is wheelchair accessible.

Patient advocacy

Patient Advocates are Gannett staff members who are available to work with patients, clients, and other users of Gannett who have questions, needs, concerns, or problems that were not or could not be addressed with staff members directly involved in the person's visit. We also welcome your suggestions. If you would like to communicate with a Patient Advocate, please e-mail or call 255-3564.

Emotional health and support

Students with disabilities typically develop a variety of ways to manage the daily challenges of living with their disabilities. During periods of extra stress (such as coming to college), new and unexpected difficulties may arise. At these times, it can be helpful to speak with a supportive person in a confidential setting.  Counselors at Gannett's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) are available to discuss your situation with you, explore options, and, if necessary, help you discover new methods of coping. You may also wish to seek academic or other accommodations through Student Disabilities Services.

Screening, treatment and support for learning disabilities

If you suspect that you may have a learning disability, including ADD/ ADHD, we recommend that you contact the Student Disabilities Services for further testing and academic support. 

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) does not provide ADD/ADHD testing, however, our psychiatrists and counselors do provide treatment and medication for students with ADD/ADHD. Once you have been diagnosed with this condition, you must bring in medical documentation confirming the diagnosis. (This documentation is essential because of the high risk of potential abuse for many of the drugs used to treat ADD/ADHD.) With this documentation, you will be scheduled for an assessment with a CAPS counselor, and then with a psychiatrist to work with you on medication. Your previous records will facilitate filling future prescriptions.

Please review our fact sheet on this topic (pdf).


Referrals to specialists in the community are made as needed to ensure the best care possible. Students with either short-term or long-term disabilities are referred to Student Disabilities Services for assistance with transportation needs on campus. Please talk with a nurse if you need help.


Cornell Resources